Trojan Wrestlers continue undefeated season

Submitted Photo

Trojan wrestlers took the championship at the Zelinski Memorial Dual Tournament at Whittnall High School in Greenfield, WI the weekend of January 24-25. In the championship round, New Prague defeated Mukwonago, WI (#1 team in WI’s Division I) by a score of 40-28. Trojans won the tourney going 5-0!

Rachel Larson, Writer and Photographer

Still undefeated, the 2019-2020 boys wrestling team is having an incredible season. The boys have been working hard during practices, and it’s showing out on the mat. Some of the seniors are taking their matches by storm: Colby Dunkel celebrated his 125th career pin, and Jay Skogerboe and Ethan Gregory each earned their 50th career win. 

For Coach Nick Schoenecker, one of the most memorable parts of the season so far was winning the Rumble on Red in Fargo, where they took first place out of 60 teams. 

Rachel Larson
Senior Colby Dunkel takes on a Tiger opponent.

Schoenecker said, “There are a few individuals that have a chance to make it to state and place, or even win a state championship this year.” 

Looking at the season ahead, the most challenging part Trojan wrestlers are going to face sections against Shakopee, but as Schonecker says, “If any team is going to beat them this year, it’s going to be us.” 

Get out and support your Trojan wrestlers!

Submitted Photo
Trojan wrestling cheerleaders have had a lot to cheer about this season.