Boys swim and dive season wrap up

Lea Sirek, Writer

The New Prague Boys Swim and Dive team ended their very first season. Led by Head Coach Kristin Muden, Assistant Coach Heather Otto, and Diving Coach Tracy Torgerson, the team showed impressive work at both Sections and State. 

Two students qualified for State: Jacob Bisek and Brendan Panka. New Prague swam in the 400 Freestyle, 200 Medley Relay, the 200 Freestyle Relay events at Sections as well. 

Captain Alex Dvorak said that one of his favorite things about the swim season this year was swimming with his close friends, and he is excited to get back to it for an even better season next year. He also anticipates and hopes to break records next season with hard work and dedication. He said the team was so successful this year because of the massive amounts of team spirit and support, along with all the experience everyone had with swimming before joining the team, as most swimmers participate in the Neptune Swim Club. 

Senior Captain Jonathan Sayler said the most memorable part of the season this year was having the opportunity to swim at Sections. He also said that hard work and dedication is what made the team extremely successful. Sayler hopes to see more swimmers join next year and is going to miss talking with every person on the team after practices and meets. 

With that, the very first season of New Prague High School Boys Swim and Dive came to a spectacular end, and each swimmer is excited for the 2023 season next year.